Sunday, January 4, 2009

NEW PAPER PRETTIES!!!



What an exciting day yesterday! The loooong awaited scrapbook store opened at 10:00 am.
You see, my sister, would rant and rave about this FABULOUS scrapbook store in St. Paul. I never did make it there. I didn't have time or was unable to go with her that day...
THEN, much to my amazement, the store decided to move...HERE in MY town. YIPPEE!!
Oh how my sister and I would count the days to the opening of the NEW scrapbook store.
We made plans to meet up in the scrapbook store parking lot at 9:50 am.
(I made sure I saved a little stash of money so I would be able to buy whatever my little heart desired)
I was so anxious I could barely sleep the night before...I was up until 2 am. When I awoke it was 9:28 am....EeeeeK! I overslept!! I had exactly 22 minutes to get outta bed, brush teeth, do the make up and hair and get dressed....RuNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Good thing the store is only minutes from my house. I was a little late...I made it there by 9:55 am. There was sis, (un)patiently waiting, in the parking lot.
9:58 we started heading to the doors ready to knock out whoever got in our way...HAHA!!!
There, we were greeted by Rhonda the sweet store owner.
"Oh my gosh! Look!" "Oh no...Look over here!" "Ooooh Ahhhh!" The store is BEAUTIFUL!!
So many pretty things to look at and touch. My sister and I are touchers....we have to "touch" the paper....LOL!!!
Well, I did behave with my purchase. Just a few papers, a new stamp and some cute metal frame embelly's. Well, I only behaved because she didn't have all of her Tim Holtz stock in yet.
Now my sister on the other hand did make a larger purchase than I did. As a matter of fact she was so excited about the new store that she ended up having to go to the hospital later that day. YES! REALLY!! She was in the ER and in a room within one hour. She thought it was the big one....she was having a heart attack. Come to find out it was a panic attack (thank you God, I need my sister). She needs to release some of the stress in her life. Now how is she going to do that when her daughter (my cute little niece is going to the hospital tonight to have her baby girl). HOW EXCITING!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
The actual GRAND opening of the store is next weekend and you can bet I will be there...hehe! (if not sooner). But for now I will be hanging out close to the hospital. I will snap pictures and share them with you when I can.






0 comments: